Welcome to Barrel of Books and Games!
uKloo Early Reader Treasure Hunt Game by Everest Toys
uKloo is a unique concept in children’s literacy. It was invented by a mom to help her reluctant reader get
over his fear of reading. Her son would literally hide when time for reading practice. She decided to get
creative and “hide the reading”. The result is a game that is so much fun that the child doesn’t even
realize that he’s actually learning to read! And now, that boy is a university student studying –English Lit!
uKloo Benefits :
• Great for kinesthetic learners (also known hands on learners – often boys fall in this category).
• Offers physical exercise (an alternative to sitting still with a book or computer monitor.)
• Parent Driven…Parents decide:
- how many cards to use
- which cards to use and build on
- what surprise would be most suitable for the child & circumstance
• Builds confidence & Promotes independent learning and play
- Builds sight reading
- Introduces first research skills
- Offers basics of sentence structure
The Cards Provide:
- Word repetition for visual word recognition
- An alternative to books
- A set of directions for the child to follow
- An opportunity for problem solving (which sink to look
in?…which shoe? etc.)
The kids are so busy running around having fun that they don’t seem to realize that they are learning to read new words!
Suitable for: Beginner Readers, Reluctant Readers, ADHD Kids, Autistic and ESL Children